Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]

Go down 
+2
Vexx
PartumsoL
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LouCypher

Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 8:46 am

Lou began to close in on his unwary opponent.  The closer he got, the more he noticed that everyone around this hacker wasn't really trying all that hard to attack.  Till he watched a rock fly at the summon, which had just sunk underground and reappeared somewhere else, at half the speed it should have been going.  
Apparently some sort of time slowing hack had been implemented in the area.  Some of the arrows, rocks and spells being fired at the hacker and his summon were flying at normal speed from people that were at a further distance. It was then that Lou noticed that the projectiles falling from the sky weren't all from players.  Were those... fish..?  
Lou watched as a massive halibut fell from the sky that would have killed the player it landed next to, but instead knocked them on their bum... slowly...  It would appear that his sphere of influence extended only so far when the hack started.  That was good news for Lou, as he wasn't present when this all started happening.  
He stopped within firing distance of the hacker and began to concentrate on casting one of his most powerful spells.
Back to top Go down
PartumsoL

PartumsoL

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 7:52 pm

With a sharp crackle, the particles rushed to PartumsoL's knuckles. She rushed forward, keeping the spell readied. As the time slowed, her steps became larger, in a futile attempt to approach faster. At the rate she was moving, she wouldn't be there soon enough to intervene from the new ability PartumsoL saw flashing in text across her vision. Glancing to her side, she saw death falling to the ground giggling. Beyond him stood LouCypher, beginning to cast. Nobody would be able to help defend the purple haired girl. PartumsoL weighed her options, the glaring lack of options causing her to curse. Dropping her fists, the particles remained readied, with minimal effort required to cast the spell.

Looking right in front of Cordelia, Vexx's hand lingered dangerously close. With an identical crackle of energy as before, the pink avatar vanished only to reappear directly in-between Vexx and the character she hoped to protect. Her glare met with Vexx's angrily, her hands moving slowly in an attempt to grasp at the hacker's outstretched hand. With her slowed movements, it would be easy for the skeletal man to pull his bony limb from her reach, but PartumsoL hoped simply to act as a distraction to allow Lou to get off his attack.
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 9:35 pm

Cordelia watched the hand of the hacker reach out towards her. A moment of panic filled the young girl's heart as she felt that momentary feeling of hopelessness. Then she remembered. She wasn't defenseless.

A brief moment of concentration, and her weapon materialized in her hands. A golden trident, with thick pointed tines and a long shaft. It was ornate, but not extravagant. The mermaid spun it easily in her grasp in a display that would have been truly dizzying if she wasn't moving at such a slow speed. The movements of the weapon, combined with the sudden reappearance of the SC.CO Member from earlier was just enough to parry the deliberate attack of the six armed skeleton.

Studying the much faster than her movements of the figure in front of her, Cordelia realized that she was about to get hit. Unless the person trying to intercede between her and the hacker did something more, the next attack from the six armed skeleton would be likely to strike home. With the current slowdown she was experiencing, surprise had really been the only thing that really had deflected the grab attack. She started thinking. There had to be another way out of this... This boss fight she had logged on into.
Back to top Go down
Vexx

Vexx

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 1:43 pm

Lich blue flames turned from the mermaid that had stolen his attention to a man he had failed to notice until just this moment. The man was dressed like a cowboy. From a white shirt to a duster coat and wide-brimmed hat. In truth, so focused on the mermaid had he been, that the hacker had been entirely willing to allow his summon to deal with the others. Now though, for just a moment his attention was diverted.

Maybe that was why his hand missed its target. That, and the girl's well-timed parry. The SC.CO. member stood between him and the girl again, but she'd used her ability to teleport and wasted her earlier effort to retreat. The hacker shook his head solemnly.

"Were this a gentle comedy that had offended. That all would live in peace, bonds all mended. Were this a dream as it once has been. Then I could ask you if this were a sin. But I a villain can not be tamed by wild prose. It is my nature then to break."

The words had the sound of gentle rote, a saying said once and perhaps many times before now. Monstero roared, totally engaged now with the rotting naga, the two clawed at one another and the hacker moved forward. Unrelenting, unphased, unemotional. He had six hands with which to weave toward the SC.CO. officer, and if they did not hit her, then they would hit the girl beyond her. Of this he was nearly certain.

He had to hurry. TIME would not last forever.
Back to top Go down
DeathIncarnate

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 12:55 pm

DeathIncarnate rushed at the hacker with his Herring in his hand while Norbert clashed with Monstero.
"NI!!  NO O DAY!!" Death called out right after the hacker turned to look at him for just a moment before returning his gaze upon his prey.

Drake was laughing so hard at his own stupid joke that his tears were blocking his vision from typing.  Keeping his character on auto-run, he typed in another message.

"You have angered the Knights of Ni!  You must now chop down the mightiest tree in the forest with..." Death took this time to throw the herring at the hacker's face, which was only a few feet from him at this point "a HERRING!!  DAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNDDAAAAAAAA"

Drake buried his head in his hands, laughing so hard at how stupid he was being.  What could he really do though, against a hacker?  Well, other than get his character killed?

Norbert hacked and slashed at Monstero with all of the fury she could muster.  The bone armour spell upon her was the only thing that made this a fight at all.  Monstero's attacks were coming in at a 4-1 and shattering her armour in various places. Norbert analyzed the battle and noticed a pattern in Monstero's attacks.  She allowed a particularly savage hit to one of the last intact pieces of armour to land on her so she could coil around Monstero's arm and work her way up to wrap up his torso with her snakelike body.
Back to top Go down
LouCypher

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Lou watched in silence as things continued to progress out of hand around him.  Unfortunately, there really wasn't anything that he could do yet, till he was able to get this spell prepared and cast.

He focused on the ensuing battle before him, making sure to cancel his spell if he needed to, so as to intercede and help where it was needed.

Lou's entire body began to shimmer like trillions of microscopic diamonds had suddenly encrusted him within.  The effect continued on in this manner until his entire body had a thin sheet of ice covering it, getting thicker and thicker as he stood there concentrating on the spell.

"C'mon people... buy me enough time..." Lou thought to himself as he prepared for a knockdown drag out fight.

"NI!!  NO O DAY!!"

Lou grinned at the comment while continuing to focus.
Back to top Go down
PartumsoL

PartumsoL

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 4:19 pm

Clutching the hackers arm, PartumsoL watched almost in terror as her hands began to wither and decay. The skin on her fingers tightened around the bones as her grasp decayed. She glanced at the log, the stuttering words appearing for an instant before displaying the next frame of information. Knowing the effects of the hack, PartumsoL chose to continue grasping at the hackers limb, despite the several others approaching her.

"M- -oo-ve b-a- -ck, - - -pl-e-ea-se." PartumsoL looked towards the mermaid as the five other hands grasped her, the decay spreading from the skeletons fingers. Turning back to Vexx, there was a grin on her face. The particle effects still sat against her knuckles as they turned to dust, but began dispelling as chunks of her avatar fell to the ground.

There was a momentary glance to LouCypher before PartumsoL had completely disintegrated. Her attempt to rescue Cordelia had come to an end as she began the respawn process.
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 10:41 am

"M- -oo-ve b-a- -ck, - - -pl-e-ea-se."

Cordelia had been trying to do so, but the time dialation had her 'walking' very slowly. "I'm trying..." she whispered. Her eyes narrowed, and then suddenly she spotted it. As the SC.CO staffer disolved into nothing in front of her, she was able to see past, or more specifically through the threatening figure in front of her. She willed her magics again, moving at the speed of thought, though slightly slower considering the effects of TIME.

Cordelia phased out of existence. But it wasn't a logout. Instead she rematerialized back into existence distantly on the other side of the hacker, standing atop a building with an excellent vantage point of what was going on. The moment her teleportation was over, she felt the sudden rush of movement. Realization dawned on her and she called out to everyone around. "It's a radiused effect around him. Don't engage in melee! Use ranged attacks."

Glad she thought she was figuring out this boss fight and eager to add her own ranged attack to those continuing to fly at the hacker, she again motioned her hands in a simple series of symbols. Darts of stone shaped like tiny tridents rose out of the street below her vantage point and as she pointed her finger at the hacker, they all hurled towards their target in an attempt to attack it from behind.
Back to top Go down
Vexx

Vexx

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Monstero was at its limits, this was something that Vexx knew even without the notifications he had set up to let him know when his summon was at its limits. He knew he too was at his limits. Not because he was lacking in hit points, but because the situation was quickly getting out of hand. First the SCCO agent, and now the players themselves. Why?

The monstrous abomination he controlled roared and sank its teeth into the naga, finally getting a hold on the creature and soon the process of tearing it apart like taffy would begin. She'd chosen the path of trying to squeeze the skeletal beast, but that put her directly into its hands. Literally. Neither summon would last much longer... which meant...

A fish connected with the back of Vexx's head and the avatar of destruction sighed. Turning, he reached out to grasp the man's hand, he had six arms to do so with, and noticing that the mermaid was casting a spell from the corner of his eye, he angled his own body so that the man's form was between the girl and the man attacking him. Lich blue eyes stared at the man whom had attacked him.

"You choose the wrong path." He looks to the girl and seems almost sad. "I understand why."

Across the battlefield Monstero disappears into a falling of pixels and Vexx smiles thinly. He's always smiling. Smiling as the bones start to reform around his own body once again. His monster coming home to protect him.
Back to top Go down
DeathIncarnate

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 10:18 am

Death's hand came down like a hammer stroke on the back of Vexx's neck.  The sound of a wet slapping *thwap* resounded a few inches away from impact.  Barely even enough for Death to hear.  The arm holding the fish was snatched up by the hacker who, with a turn of the head, "You choose the wrong path." Death swallowed hard and grinned ear to ear at Vexx.  

"I may not be able to end you, but I can sure put something around to stop you till they can end you!"

"Blood of my blood.  Hear me now and bring forth the souls of the damned to do my bidding!  Rise up, my minions!  Grab hold of this invader.  Release not till they have been vanquished!"

Hands began to burst out of the ground, flexing their long unused tendons with small pops and cracks as the fingers tested their new found strength.  The hands continued to emerge, forming entire arms and stopping at the shoulder.  Each of these arms were covered in decaying flesh, each at different points of decay than another.  Some even still had remnants of clothing from their past lives.    The first arm to pop out next to Vexx's leg had what looked to be an old Cleric symbol on it from the order of a deity long since gone from the worship of the living on this world.

"Do with me what you will, but have fun with them!"  Death laughed in Vexx's face while being held in place by his supernaturally overpowering strength of force and will.

Meanwhile, Monstero sunk his teeth into Norbert while his hands worked his way to the best spots on her body to be able to rip her in half.  Norbert wasn't aware of what was about to happen, so continued to try to work her way around the torso of the summon to also pop one half of it's body off and away from the other half.  

The sound of the bone armor ripping from the center of her body was already ear splitting enough as it was.  It was only when you heard the scream from Norbert as her spine was forcefully removed from her tail as her body was ripped in half in Monstero's arms.  In her last dying move, she sunk her teeth into Monstero's neck.  The moment her teeth connected to the sinew and bone on his neck, her body began to disintegrate back into the dust it was formed from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]   Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death by Design [Vexx - Hacker Event]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next