Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Hold my Heart {Lana & Zalgiman}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Wolf

Wolf

Hold my Heart {Lana & Zalgiman} - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hold my Heart {Lana & Zalgiman}   Hold my Heart {Lana & Zalgiman} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2023 8:37 pm

"It'll be our--our first date for real."

Their first real date. The thought echoes in his mind like the flashes of a wildfire burning down the reality he once knew. Some say that wildfires are good things. That they force the old dead growth to recede and the new to blossom. More rarely mentioned is the fact that regardless of whether a fire is intended for good or ill; it still burns. It still leaves scars in its tracks, some that never fully heal.

He doesn’t really remember what he says to her, not a word. He does remember asking her to come make tea for their dinner with him. Zalgiman politely asks his way around the kitchen, but insists on making the tea himself. As he points out; if he doesn’t know his way around the kitchen what then? Best that he learn now while she’s there to teach him.

They find an easy, friendly comradery during dinner. Laughing about the pizza and things that are familiar to them both. Poetry and Savior. Safe topics that make them both feel the warmth of something new forming between them.

Later, when he finds all the snack-foods she’d imported from Russia tucked away in his room, he sits on the floor and thinks that if they could just be friends… that if this was just temporary… he would have been happy. Happier than he’s ever been in his life. As it is the little bag of sushki that he stares at for a full fifteen minutes only makes him feel sick for home.

He climbs into bed after changing into his nightclothes, laying on the soft mattress that feels utterly unfamiliar to him. Visions of kirieshki, and rye-salted croutons dance in his mind as he closes his eyes.

Marsward waits for him in his dreams, and he wakes screaming in Russian for someone to help him only to wake up to a world that he doesn’t recognize.

He doesn’t sleep after that.

Hold my Heart {Lana & Zalgiman} - Page 4 UOnjA60
Back to top Go down

Hold my Heart {Lana & Zalgiman}
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4