Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shizin

Shizin

Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] Empty
PostSubject: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 3:14 pm

A song begins softly and slowly. It spreads through the room, a soft sweet and sad melody. The room that cradles the music is filled with people who on an ordinary evening might already be fighting amongst themselves for dominance over this space. Now however, and for hours prior, they have been listening to the sound created by the man on the stage. He is seated on the floor, a harp in his hands, swaying ever so slightly as his fingers strum the melody that he creates.

Words join the music, a rare sound, a soprano voice that sings as light and as gently as any woman’s voice might have been able to, but holding that unique quality that is male.

Fukai fukai mori no oku ni ima mo kitto
Okizari ni shita kokoro kakushite'ru yo

Sagasu hodo no chikara mo naku tsukarehateta
Hitobito wa eien no yami ni kieru

Chisai mama nara kitto ima demo mieta ka na?

The words are an emphasis to the sorrow of the song. The voice an aching reminder of that which one longs for. The sound is a whisper through this simple place that everyone leans into hear; hangs upon for the next word.

It’s not simply the music which is perfectly played, it’s the exquisite look of longing on his features as he plays the music, the heart of this man who exists in this moment solely to sing this song. He sings, he plays, with all of himself. When the song comes to its inevitable conclusion, there is not a riotous applause for the elvish man with blue hair that falls around him in a gentle wave that eventually turns snow white. Instead there is only empty silence that he allows to linger. So that the conclusion can be felt.

Sometimes the silence can speak as loudly as any word.
Back to top Go down
Revolution

Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 4:38 pm

It hadn’t been the performers that had drawn her to this space, no. It was the way people gathered, milled around and formed a social gathering despite many having never met before. There has always been a drive in her to be where others are. To linger and soak in the sounds of chatter and humanity. Even now she was watching the way people flocked to this place to catch the edges of the music in the center of the room.

Such a shame Rev had the worst people skills.

Even in this crowded, shoulder to shoulder room there was a bubble of solitude around the hunter. Was it her furrowed grey brows? The way tusks couldn’t stop her permanent scowl? Or perhaps the large and lean white beast that sat directly at her feet, his pink eyes watching every movement that came into his field of vision? Rev suspected it was all three. But most days that didn’t really bother her all that much. She liked being scary.

But even she wasn’t impervious to the singer’s voice. She remembered it, even. Years ago but she remembered. Stalking prey through the swamps and ending up saving an elven prince singing a battle hymn. She huffed at the memory, her hand resting on Mac’s head as the song came to its bewitching end.

“Still has a pair of pipes, ey Maccy?”
Back to top Go down
Shizin

Shizin

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 9:21 pm

Silently, the one who created the music begins to pack up his things. Which is about the time that the crowd begins to realize that there's no more music forthcoming. Considering how busy the place is, it seems that the bard has done his job well to fill the seats, and the peace he's wrought as well is worth its weight in whatever payment is likely forthcoming to him. In fact the owner of the establishment is eagerly waiting for the bard at the edge of the stage, not very quietly trying to encourage him to remain and play a little bit longer.

"Please, you have to stay a bit longer and play at least another song!"

The man simply shakes his head no and keeps packing up his equipment, carefully stowing his exquisite harp into his inventory and then making his way wordlessly to the edge of the stage with slow easy steps that make it easy for the owner of the bar to get between him and the steps down from the stage.

"Come on! I'll pay you twice what I paid you at the beginning if you play for the rest of the night!”

The bard blinks at the owner passively, waiting for the other to decide that this argument is not worth the effort of making it. However it seems that the growing sounds of discontent among the patrons has encouraged this particular businessperson to achieve new hights of bribery and possibly a little intimidation while they’re at it.

“Look, I’ll throw in an extra meal, and a room to say in for the night! You hear them growling already don’t you? Someone could get a little over-eager and try something foolish. You’ll be much safer staying the night here. Where else are you going to go anyway?”

This seems to make the bard think a little bit, but then he slowly shakes his head no again. Waiting patiently for the owner to move. Something that’s looking less and less likely by the second as the crowd riles itself up ever higher in requests for him to play this or that come pouring forth.
Back to top Go down
Revolution

Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2023 3:43 pm

“Go on, give him a little nudge would ya?” Rev grinned at the increasingly uncomfortable singer as the owner of the bar continued to harass him. He's grown more flustered by the moment for all he seems impassive. But she can see the little signs. Like if he was a deer he'd have been off down his own windingd path before anyone could have stopped him. While she’s watching the exchange with amused eyes her words are directed to the beast at her feet. As slippery as an eel Mac stands and moves through the crowd like a fish through water. The size of the beast does cause some people to startle and make a path for him, but with a command from his mistress the white hound continues forwards until he’s now in front of the blue elf.

Pink eyes stare up at the owner, uncanny and unreadable. As the owner moved forwards as if to touch Shizin however Mac moves as well, standing further forwards as if to blockade one from the other.

“Look, I’ll throw in an extra meal, and a room to say in for the night! You hear them growling already don’t you? Someone could get a little over-eager and try something foolish. You’ll be much safer staying the night here. Where else are you going to go anyway?”

A rough voice speaks up while the singer does not, standing close behind the owner and dwarfing him in size. “No need, he’s got a place to be don’t you?” Rev looked over at Shizin and grinned before fixing baleful blue eyes onto the pushy owner. “Wouldn’t want to scare away your talent so he never comes back, right?” He’s been successfully trapped between the hunter and her hound, both watching him like he’s the prey they’ve been seeking all evening.
Back to top Go down
Shizin

Shizin

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2023 5:46 pm

For an instant, for a moment the bard considers giving into the owner of this establishment, not wanting to start an argument which he knows he can not win, nor in fact a more physical interaction which would result in exactly what the owner was warning might happen. Shizin knows from experience that if the owner were to start some kind of fight with him, that the whole bar will erupt into chaos and that… Was sincerely undesirable an outcome.

However as the owner reaches out for his arm a pale dog which is familiar to Shizin places itself between Shizin and the owner, its presence sufficient to forestall the motion that would have resulted in physical contact. Shizin breathes a small sigh of relief, but knows that this is not the end of the encounter.

No, the owner, looking irritated looks around for the person who owns the canine - only to find them standing directly behind.

A small soft smile touches Shizin’s lips as he recognizes the one who has stepped so valiantly to his defense. The orc is a welcome and equally familiar a sight, and one expected after seeing the canine who is their companion. The question that the orc poses causes a small nod of relief and agreement to come from Shizin, and the owner quickly comes to the realization that they are not only outvoted, but severely ‘outgunned’.

Realizing that starting a fight with the orc would only serve to expedite the kind of confrontation that is trying to be avoided in the first place the proprietor lets their shoulders sag in defeat.
“Ah… Oh well then. You’re right of course.” A sigh leaves their lips, and they make their way back toward the bar with only a few backwards glances at Shizin and the orc that had come to his defense.

Shizin thankfully slips down the stairs, offering Mac a grateful look and then turning blue eyes upon the one who is truly responsible for this positive outcome.
“I am grateful.” He says the words and offers a low bow as well. The bard motions toward the bar and looks at the orc with a hopeful, welcoming expression. “I am owed a meal.”

The explanation causes a light flush to touch Shizin’s cheeks, but it is clear that he hopes to be joined for the meal which has been promised to him.
Back to top Go down
Revolution

Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 6:25 pm

It was almost disappointing that a brawl wasn’t actually going to be forthcoming, and Rev did pout a little as the evening crowd began to break apart and move back into their little social circles where the sounds of life ebbed and flowed. The draw of a fight ebbed from Rev as well, her faithful hound milling cheerfully between her and Shizin. Her hands ruffled his fluffy ears and the looked up from Mac to the elf as he spoke in his soft, delicate voice.

“Oh aye, no harm done. Silly of them to think you’d just play like a wind up doll all night.” When Shizin came up from his bow he was met with a firm clap on the shoulder from a leather clad glove. Rev grinned and winked at him and his rigid politeness. As he waved her onwards she trailed behind, having to keep close to hear him over the tide of voices.

“I am owed a meal.”

Tusks glittered in the warm light as Rev smiled cheekily. “Wont say no to keeping up guard duty for a spell longer. Maybe I’ll have a bite myself.” A short click of her tongue to Mac so that he came into a heel and she trailed Shizin to the bar itself. Shifting a hip she settled on a stool and leaned her back against the worn wooden plank. The dog squeezing into the space under it and settling his head on his feet. As Shizin waited for his food Rev looked him over, the same exact person she recalled from the swampy coast where she’d gone looking for prey. She surely didn’t look any different herself though. The model she’d put together so intrinsically what she wanted that she’d never changed it.

“So I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess you’re not much for adventuring and questing, yeah? What’s the draw for you, here? Immersion?” She looked over her shoulder and tipped her head up at the person working the bar. “An ale, if you please.” when she looked back to Shizin it was with a grin, her hand moving as if to encourage him to talk.
Back to top Go down
Shizin

Shizin

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2023 7:33 pm

Of course, the orc’s words are no less than truth. It was absurd of the proprietor to expect Shizin to play on forever like some kind of mechanical object. Yet that was precisely the manner by which it seemed that this personage seemed to believe that Shizin operated. Such delicate and hauntingly beautiful musical creations could not be copied by any device known to man however. That which Shizin made came directly from the heart, and if one believed in such things… perhaps even the soul.

In truth Shizin’s mention of the meal was not meant to be a request for further protective aid, but instead a request for the orc to join him at that repast for company and companionship. So the mild disparity in understanding caused him to blush all the deeper for the other. Still this was something easily enough rectified and so he led the way through the bar which was becoming more rowdy by the moment as they approach their destination.

“So I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess you’re not much for adventuring and questing, yeah? What’s the draw for you, here? Immersion?”

The question causes a small warm smile to form on Shizin’s lips and he looks at his companion a moment as the barkeep begrudgingly brings around a meal for him and a drink for the orc at his side. “Music.”

His reply is simple enough, but there’s a wistful, deeply emotional response to that singular word that makes it more than it might have been otherwise. The word music becomes the word ‘life’, ‘joy’, ‘exhilaration’ and a thousand other words in his mouth. He divides his meal in half neatly, and motions toward one half of it, then toward the orc. “Are you hungry?”
Back to top Go down
Revolution

Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2023 4:56 pm

The limited responses should have stymied Rev, but she just hummed thoughtfully to herself as she drank her ale before rolling her shoulders in a shrug. “Okay I suppose I can understand that. Not like, understand understand but that’s a feeling I get when I see some really banging art. Or hit a target just right.” She tipped her head to the side as if recalling that perfect strike, grinning sharply at her companion for the night.

When he offered his food she snorted and chuckled, shaking her head and draining the other half of her pint.
“Nah you eat your grub. I haven’t done a thing to need it yet.” She grinned again at Shizin, leaning her top half towards him so she was just inside his personal space.

“Though the night’s young yet. Who knows?” Around them the tavern continued its hustle and bustle. People drinking, talking, laughing. It felt like a kind of home to Rev, and she left Shizin’s personal space to soak it in for a breath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]   Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep City Lyrics [Rev & Shizin]
Page 1 of 1