Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aragos

Aragos

One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] Empty
PostSubject: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2023 12:56 pm

It’s a beautiful day, at least for staying inside. There’s a storm outside, one that’s driven more people than Aragos would have liked into the interior of one of his favorite bars. He sits at the counter, as far from the storm and the constantly opening door as he can manage. Thankfully the fact that there’s so many people between him and the door means that he doesn’t have to worry much about the cold wind reaching him. Which means that he can slowly drink his whiskey in silence and peace.

This particular bar doesn’t serve sake. Mores the pity for that fact.

Nor is it particularly quiet at the moment, and while the normal thrum and hub-bub of a bar is in it’s own way a mildly comforting thing to him, this overstuffed din is something else entirely. It’s hard actually, not to be a bit grumpy about all the people that the storm has shoved into the bar. Particularly when being grumpy is really his default setting. At least… that’s what people tend to tell him.

Considering that he’s not going out today, Aragos is dressed more casually than is his norm. After all, his armor isn’t the lightest thing ever, and he wants to enjoy his drink without having to lug it around. Which puts him in a very casual black tee-shirt and pants combination which may or may not be the only outfit he really owns besides the armor he has.

He sips his whiskey yet again and looks at the man beside him idly.
“So, what can I do for you Red?” He asks casually, his expression blank and a bit droll. He’s known Red for as long as the other man has been around these parts. Which isn’t terribly long, but long enough to have a passing knowledge of him. The fact that he’s a drinker like Aragos himself is something that makes it so that hat passing knowledge is at least a little favorable.

People who can’t, or will not drink, tend to be a little too stuck-up for Aragos’s tastes, at least so far as he’s determined over the years.
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2023 1:46 pm

Taking in the somber feeling of the stormy rain, was almost bittersweet really. He nodded silently to the bartender, to ask them to prepare a second glass. Red tore away his attention from the newcomers fleeing the rain and to pay attention to Aragos. Yes, he hadn't known him in person like this long but it was long enough to give a less professional impression and a more friendly one. He thought of Aragos fondly, in Red's case it was rare to think fondly of anyone. “So, what can I do for you Red?”

The words brought a worn, tired, half grin to Red's face as he lifted his glass of whisky to his lips. Nodding he set the glass back down. "Nothing really. I just...I needed some form of a get-away from home. Seeing the weather out here though? I couldn't think of anything better than spending time in here with you." Red gave his glass a distant, thoughtful look. "At it is then, how have you been holding up? You still looming per usual?"Red's humor consisted as a playful teasing; cool and sharp like the rain.

It wasn't very early in the day; thankfully a weekend. Red wasn't sure what he'd do on days like this without an outlet. It's not like him to be so quick to ask for a second glass, he tends to spend time with the first.

But today of course wasn't his usual, there wont be a single glass to be spared this time.
Back to top Go down
Aragos

Aragos

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2023 2:08 pm

It seemed that Aragos wasn’t the only one looking to get away; Red was as well. Though the things that chased them were likely - in Aragos’s experience - to be vastly different things. Red didn’t need to know that though. There were plenty of things about Aragos that no one needed to know. Things that people were better off never learning. He didn’t say a word though, because that? That’d only lead to questions that would lead to Red knowing more than he ought to.

Instead Aragos drinks his whiskey and snorts.
“If you can’t think of something better to do than to hang out with me you must have a horribly boring life Red.” He says a bit roughly, the self-deprecation coming naturally and easily. Rich and harsh like the whiskey he’s drinking.

He gets his own second (tenth) drink from the bartender when the man comes by to bring Red one. It gives him a moment to ponder Red’s question. So he swishes the liquid in its cup around for a long moment, savoring the seconds that he doesn’t have to answer before one rises from inside him. “I don’t know.” He shrugs. “Everything is the same really.”

Nothing ever really seems to change. The seasons come and go. The days pass. Nothing happens. “I try not to loom.” Now he sounds defensive. Damn it all. He sighs.
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2023 2:41 pm

Red swallowed down what was left of his first and slid the second glass closer to himself. He eyed the glass before speaking. He'd quickly caught all of the slight tells Aragos dropped, likely without knowing. He took a deep breath and exhaled. "I wish my life was boring sometimes, seriously. But I'm still plenty content with what I have..."

He furrowed his brow listening to Aragos answer his previous question. "....Ah, Try as you may, but a hiker never climbs a mountain by wanting to. Or resting at the midway. If he waits to long there wont be a mountain to climb at all." Red faced the bartender with a unreadable look in his eyes; It was an expression Aragos had yet to see until now. "I'd like to spice up that whisky into a Boulevardier, hold the ice. I'd like a third one for my friend here please as well."

Red slouched back into his seat as the bartender got back to the glasses and prepared the beverages. "I'm going to take the leap here an assume you may have had that before? Nothing lower than a thirty percent. How's that for a little change?"

Red was aware it wasn't much of a change, but he wasn't done. "If you want a bigger change though..." He sighed as he turned fully to face Aragos. "You've ott' to make it. Instead of waiting around for it. So- tell me about it. Tell me something you like, I've heard you talk about what you hate, but what do you like?"
Back to top Go down
Aragos

Aragos

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2023 9:24 am

Aragos generally preferred his alcohol the way it came - which is to say without frills or accompaniment. Even ice in his drink was more than he cared to have sharing the glass. That being said though, he wasn’t about to turn down a free drink regardless of what it was. Nor was he about to correct Red as to how many drinks he’d had. It was better to let the man think that he’d only had a couple of drinks rather than know the truth.

It wasn’t really lying if he just didn’t say anything.

He arched an eyebrow at Red, mildly amused that a change in drinks was considered enough of a difference to make this day unlike any of the others. It wasn’t, but again, Aragos wasn’t going to argue a fact that was putting more drink down his gullet.
“You’re not wrong I suppose, but the truth is I wouldn’t know what kind of change to make even if I could think of one I wanted to make.”

The paladin shrugs his shoulders and downs his whiskey in preparation for the new drink to be brought to him. The bartender gives him a little look, but he doubts that he looks as deep in his cups as he actually is. Though he does feel rather warm around the edges so maybe that’s why he plays into Red’s game a bit rather than questioning why the other man gives two shakes about what he likes.

“I dunno.” He says with a slow shrug. “A drink, a fight… things like that.” He smiles at the bartender as the man serves everyone else in the bar.

“What’s it matter?”
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2023 1:09 pm

"What's it matter? Is that even really a question? It seems already you've made up your mind, that it doesn't. Let me ask you this, if having the ability to enjoy an experience, person or place wasn't important, would we have adapted to have it at all?" Red didn't bother to enjoy the glass brought to him and downed it like water. He raised his index finger and insinuated a circle in the air; another one.

Red darkly looked into his now empty glass, resentful. More than this was on his mind, It doesn't matter anyways, I'm past it. I know better. It needn't to be mentioned, stay on task.

"Now, why does it matter to me is another question entirely. I just simply care, not that I'm willing to, empathy, sympathy is not something I willingly submit to. But after knowing you this long, studying your awfully loud tells, I'm curious, I relate. It's what I do, I get curious, I get bored as anyone else...Its the bare minimum drive for a person to do anything. Am I wrong?" Out of his anxieties Red cracked his knuckles, a loud pop came out from each joint, even his joints where as worn as he looked.

"I'll tell you what, if you take that question seriously, for each thing you tell me you enjoy...I'll buy you a drink. Savvy?" Red didn't love the idea of sending Aragos into such a play, he questioned if he would be stumbling out of the bar or if he'd simply fall asleep in his seat...But at the point if it put even a dim light onto the evening he'd gladly keep it lit.
Back to top Go down
Aragos

Aragos

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 8:55 am

Red was a little more astute than Aragos would have preferred on the remark that Aragos had already decided that the question was unimportant. Though the rest… made less sense. He shrugs in response, not really having an answer and not sure that he wanted to think of one. A shrug sufficed. Oddly, Red himself seemed introspective a moment, and Aragos considered prying but… What did it matter? It was his own question reflected back to him and really it was none of his business why the other man was thinking so hard.

Maybe if he didn’t ask any questions, Red would respect the offer of privacy and stop asking him questions in turn.

If only things were ever so easy.

“If it bothers you to empathize with others… can’t you just…” Aragos shrugged and waved a hand negligently in the air. “Not?”

So it wasn’t the most intelligent suggestion he’d ever made, but it felt fitting to the purpose for which it had been designed. He didn’t want to be drawn into caring about the other man’s problems himself, so a half-hearted attempt to be helpful seemed in order. Another shrug fell off his shoulders, and then he arched an eyebrow at Red’s offer of a drink for everything he could think of that he actually liked.

Now, that was an offer he could get behind, if only he could think of things that he actually liked and enjoyed… Still even if he could only think of three or four that was more drinks than he currently had and more than enough to offer him the state of oblivion that he desired.
“Lets see. Things I like.” He scrunched up his brow in thought. Obviously ‘being drunk’ wasn’t going to be an acceptable answer however true it might have been. So something else was in order. “I like a good fight.”

There, that was true enough, and something he didn’t mind admitting either. He smiled softly in satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2023 10:53 am

On the inside Red grimaced at his own idea, sometimes he hated what he had to resort to just for some answers, first home and now here...Fan-diddly-tastic.

"Just not feel you mean? By gods you're worse than I am." He didn't bother to clarify what he meant by that, it would be more than he'd been willing to share. He was careful with which tells he let show, the glare at his glass, the passive aggressive tone he used, how much he drank already and how quickly. He was aware of it all. He let them show just enough for Aragos to notice, and he responded to it. Even half-hearted responses meant as much as enthusiastic ones.

Whether he liked it or not, noticed or not Aragos cared; even just a little was worth noting.

"A good fight huh? I could see that, after all your usually wearing some heavy armor. Must have been irritating, at first. I'd believe you if you said you were used to its weight." Used the weight of the armor, but he'll never surpass the weight on his mind. Dammit, damnit, damnit. He wont manage if he stays locked up tighter than a oyster. "Bring him another please, thank-you."

"Alright, you like a good fight." Red traced a check mark in the air with his index finger, the sensors of the game picked up on the shake of his hands. He set his trembling hand back down to his glass. "Check. Now, how about something I don't know about you? For example : What's your favorite season? Do you have any positive hobbies?" Red flashed his teeth, an attempt at a smile. Still it was more than he's ever expressed to another person outside of home. His own glass now was empty, pity.
Back to top Go down
Aragos

Aragos

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 8:23 am

Aragos is starting to really feel the alcohol now. The pleasant burn is all but gone, leaving behind only the familiar taste and the warm feeling of being full and happy which he knows is a lie but… it feels better than anything else that exists in his corner of reality. He nods along with Red’s assessment about his armor and smiles a little to himself. The armor was heavy, and it had taken some time to get used to the weight, but he’d been wearing it so long at this point that he didn’t notice anymore.

“I am.” He remarks, not feeling a need to go into detail or explain really, but the liquor is doing what it usually does and loosening his tongue a little. Easing him in his seat so that the ebb and flow of those that are sharing the same space with him fades into the background.

“Favorite season?” Aragos arches an eyebrow at Red. “People have favorite seasons? I guess… Spring or fall? The armor gets hot in the summer.” He doesn’t explain why winter is not a season that he enjoys. No need to go into that.

“As for hobbies…” Here he shrugs a little and gives the other man a lopsided grin. “I’m just guessing that drinking doesn’t count. I don’t know. I’ve been thinking about picking up bodyguarding again. Which isn’t really a hobby so much as a job but… It’s not so bad and the money’s good. Gives me a way to pay for my drink instead of answering questions for freebies.” He laughs.
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 1:07 pm

Red nodded silently in understanding, mainly waiting. It took him longer than others to feel the effect of alcohol, he'd been drinking long enough to gain a high tolerance. But damn he missed the feeling-or was that just old bad habits kicking in? Down the hatch went another drink, his fourth maybe? It didn't matter there was more on the way. "Now that is something I can understand; finding a way to a shiny penny. Not always an easy thing. Hobbies.... I guess I should be answering my own questions, it's how you get to know people isn't it? Ah… I'm not one for those myself, I take time out of my schedule to go visit the forest. I've got a kid that spends most of his time there, he takes after me in a lot of ways. It's.... Admittedly endearing but it's also intimidating. I don't know how I'd respond if he grew up to be like me."

Maybe it was starting to work? He doesn't ever talk about family, then again the more Aragos drinks the more lax he'll be to talking about it himself. Red has to be careful though it could lead to a negative response. He finished another drink without realizing and asked for another, the burn slowly began to numb, then again so was everything else. Almost a hazy feeling, like a dull anxiety attack, but hot.

Red took off his dark trench coat, to ease the heat. He didn't need the fabric to get in his way....When did he ask for another drink? Red nodded silently in understanding, mainly waiting. It took him longer than others to feel the effect of alcohol, he'd been drinking long enough to gain a high tolerance. But damn he missed the feeling-or was that just old bad habits kicking in? Down the hatch went another drink, his fourth maybe? It didn't matter there was more on the way. "Now that is something I can understand; finding a way to a shiny penny. Not always an easy thing. Hobbies.... I guess I should be answering my own questions, it's how you get to know people isn't it? Ah… I'm not one for those myself, I take time out of my schedule to go visit the forest. I've got a kid that spends most of his time there, he takes after me in a lot of ways. It's.... Admittedly endearing but it's also intimidating. I don't know how I'd respond if he grew up to be like me."

Maybe it was starting to work? He doesn't ever talk about family, then again the more Aragos drinks the more lax he'll be to talking about it himself. Red has to be careful though it could lead to a negative response. He finished another drink without realizing and asked for another, the burn slowly began to numb, then again so was everything else. Almost a hazy feeling, like a dull anxiety attack, but hot.

Red took off his dark trench coat, to ease the heat. He didn't need the fabric to get in his way....When did he ask for another drink? Does it matter? No, it doesn't. I'm glad it's there anyways. Down it went. Aren't all seasons just a pain? Getting in the way of everything, causing traffic, the cold of the winter.... I hate the cold.

"Ah here's a question, how old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage?" Red stirred the toothpick in the empty glass, awaiting another, and the ones for Aragos. I should just purchase a bottle now, it's clear I'm going to be here a long while. “Be honest~ I’ll know if you lie.” He chuckled, he hated lies but plenty of patients had lied to him in the past; he knew what to look for in body language.
Does it matter? No, it doesn't. I'm glad it's there anyways. Down it went. Aren't all seasons just a pain? Getting in the way of everything, causing traffic, the cold of the winter.... I hate the cold.

Last edited by Red on Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]   One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Shot of Whiskey [Aragos & Red]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Savior :: Role Play :: Introductory RP-
Jump to: