Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

You and Me {Falin & Sterling}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Menel

Menel

You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:02 pm

“There is never a good time or a right place for this sort of thing, is there?” Falin chuckled, again with that throaty sound of uncleared emotion, but better now than a few seconds before. He let the other man lead him to the couch where they could sit comfortably together. And it was comfortable. Them sitting with hands held clasped together as if they'd done it a hundred times.

Sterling rested his head on Falin's shoulder and the swordsman found himself looking at their hands just as Sterling was. Never before in his life had he seen someone with skin so pale as his own. In fact, Sterling's fingers were even paler than his were. It was as if someone had poured some pale powder all over Sterling's skin. Where his was flushed with the color of the blood beneath his skin, a sort of translucent alabaster, Sterling was pure white. His skin was soft too, but not powdery in the way that it looked.

"It was not your fault Sterling." He said the other man's name softly, and it rolled with his odd accent. Sterling's words pulled another amused noise from him and he shook his head. "I have not been to the beach in ages, but I would love to go with you... You look as if you need the sunlight even more than I do."

His trainers kept suggesting that he run in the daylight. For the vitamin D, and the exercise, but mostly the vitamins. He rubbed his thumb over Sterling's hand and let his face tilt into Sterling's hair. It was soft and warm, and as pale as his skin.
Back to top Go down
Laven

Laven

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Sterling hummed and squeezed Falin’s hand, enjoying the way his name sounded on the other man’s lips. “Ah, it might seem like a spot of sun would give me some color wouldn’t it?” He glanced as high up as he could without moving his head so that Falin wouldn’t be displaced, spying the line of the other man’s throat. “But I’m afraid the lack of melanin in my skin makes it so that I burn quite badly without a great deal of sunscreen and shade.” He turned his head a little closer to Falin’s shoulder, wondering how much exactly he should explain.

“I sometimes forget that it isn’t immediately clear when people first see me.” Reaching up with his free hand Sterling rubbed his thumb and first finger against his lashes, showing Falin the brown stain of mascara left behind. “I have albinism. It doesn’t effect much of my life, especially when you’re a homebody of a professor like myself.” He smiled wryly at himself, letting it drop away quickly.

“Do you know how many students send me emails asking what process I use to get my hair this light? I tell them the stress of too many foolish questions and magic made a potent combination.” The soft laugh that escaped Sterling’s lips was very different than the ones he had offered before, this one a short burst of air. “But with a wide-brimmed hat and an umbrella I can enjoy a bit of time at the beach. For the chance to spend it with you it will be worth any burns and blisters I may earn.”
Back to top Go down
Menel

Menel

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Falin tilted down and was surprised to see that there was a slightly dark smudge on Sterling's fingers. He colored his eyelashes so that they looked darker than they actually were. The pale skin, the pale lashes and hair... He was admittedly surprised to realize that Sterling must have some form of albinism. It was a very rare condition after all, so perhaps he shouldn't have expected himself to somehow know that Sterling had it. And all he could think now was how beautiful Sterling was looking up at him.

He smiled and for the first time since he told his story it was a real smile. Falin touched Sterling's cheek.
"They all want the secrets for becoming as beautiful as you are. It certainly seems like magic has some part in it."

It had been so long since he smiled this much in someone else's company. It was like this when they were online together, but he hadn't expected it to translate so easily in reality. He was constantly, continually moment after moment surprised at it. "I would hate to see you harmed by our second date though, so perhaps a nice safe theater? Somewhere in the back where we can be all alone together?" He liked the idea though few movies were of much interest to him. It would be worth it to sit in the dark and share Sterling's company.
Back to top Go down
Laven

Laven

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am

Falin’s touch on his jaw made Sterling look up the rest of the way, their eyes meeting as Falin smiled down at him and proposed a second date that wouldn’t cause either of them to burn rosy pink. He found himself smiling back. Not just because of the image Falin’s suggestion conjured up of the two of them crowded together like uncontrollable teenagers but also because he suspected that would both bring Falin comfort and push him out of his safe zone at the same time.

Letting Falin’s fingers lead him upwards Sterling closed the tiny distance between them to press a soft kiss to his lips. It was over in a moment but it made the slight flush rise in Sterling’s cheeks once again. He  pulled back enough to be able to look fully in Falin’s face and smiled again, taking in the expression on his face with great pleasure.
“I think that is a much better idea. And I think we could find time for that sooner rather than later, don’t you?” He settled back against Falin’s shoulder and placed his over hand over the one that was still laced with his.

“You still have a few more days before you have to leave, right?” There was a faint note of wistfulness in Sterling’s voice. He knew it was puppy love, and the euphoria of first meeting. But he didn’t want to be away from Falin yet. A selfish part of him wanted to simply wrap him up and take him home instead.
Back to top Go down
Menel

Menel

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 10:38 am

One moment Falin was thinking how beautiful and kind Sterling was, and then with a burst of surprise from the small sweet kiss he felt his heart start racing with a feeling that was both familiar and entirely new to him. When Sterling pulled back it was that surprise and that flash of love that was waiting on his features. Perhaps, it was only the first rush of passion that came from a new relationship - for Sterling - but for Falin that uncertain and needy thing had come and gone months ago when they had first started dating. He could still remember it, the embarrassment he'd felt with every flirtation (those few that he had picked up on), the prickling rush of texting Sterling early in the morning or long into the night.

Love was a funny thing like that. Different things for different people, even when it was the same relationship. He knew that because how he felt about Sterling was almost nothing like how he had loved Aviline. What was the same though... that was what told him that this was love. This aching want to just hold the other man, to be in his presence was enough to ease it but it had not been quite sated until they were together on the couch. Touching Sterling, holding him, it filled Falin up inside.

He was smiling when Sterling leaned back against him, his body forming a naturally around the other man as if they had been doing this for months or years.
"Three days." It seemed like far too short a time. How could he leave Sterling in just three days time? He had to focus instead on their date, and anything else that they could do so long as it was together.

"Did you get a room nearby?" He hoped that Sterling intended to remain close by for all that he wished that they could be closer than that. After everything though... He had to assume that Sterling would want his space.
Back to top Go down
Laven

Laven

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Only three days… It would go too fast, Sterling knew it. But they would make the best of it. He hummed softly when Falin asked him if he had a room rented close by. “To be blunt… I didn’t rent a room at all.” He Squeezed Falin’s hand. “In case things… went a way I wasn’t happy about, I decided to wait and see before I made plans to stay in the city.” If Falin had somehow not been who he clearly was or if something unforgivable had happened during their date Sterling would simply have taken a cab back to the airport and caught the next flight home. It surely wouldn’t have been the first time he’d done something similar.

“I suppose I had best try and find somewhere to sleep before night finishes falling.” Already the sun was beginning to descend, the two of them having sat and spoke and exposed some of their secrets to each other for longer than Sterling realized. He was loathe to move. Loathe to untangle himself from where he was resting against the warm swordsman. He always ran cold, and in the hotel where there was climate control it was doubly so. But Falin radiated a soft kind of warmth. As if his kind personality translated into body heat that Sterling was all too willing to take advantage of.
Back to top Go down
Menel

Menel

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Sterling hadn't rented a room at all? Falin's mind went through a thousand thoughts in the space of a few seconds. Had Sterling assumed that he would find a place nearby? It was reasonable to assume that if the hotel Falin was staying at didn't have one that at least somewhere would - even if it was at a far less pleasant hotel. Or had Sterling assumed that he would stay... here? In Falin's hotel room?

“I suppose I had best try and find somewhere to sleep before night finishes falling.”

"Or you can stay here." Falin said the words nearly as quickly as he could think of them. He wanted Sterling here, could imagine them talking to one another into the night just as they usually did... but together instead of apart. He let the offer sink in for just a moment before continuing. "I can sleep here on the couch if you like. The bedroom is its own room after all."

Which meant that Sterling would have all the privacy that he could want. Including a door that locked if he was so inclined. There was more than enough room for both of them here, and... Falin didn't really want to be alone. After the day, and talking about Aviline he wanted to hold the other man. Wanted to fall asleep with him still close by. Dark blue eyes looked down at Sterling and inside was a question that he didn't know he was asking. His eyes asked for Sterling to please stay.
Back to top Go down
Laven

Laven

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Sterling untangled their hands to rest one on Falin’s chest, tipping his head to the side and watching the swordsman. “That would be the most logical solution. But I didn’t mean for that to be the outcome.” But it was a good solution. He didn’t want Falin alone after bearing such a heavy part of his past. While the swordsman didn’t seem like a danger to himself anymore Sterling had seen the scars on his wrist. He knew vividly what a cut like that meant. And he also knew right now Falin might be extremely fragile.

“I will, however, take you up on that offer. Especially if it comes with dinner we don’t have to go out to obtain.” No, it would be best if they could stay in and enjoy each other’s company. Sleeping arrangements could be sorted out later. But since Sterling was the shorter of the two men he would do his best to claim the couch so that Falin could be comfortable on the bed.

Not that he would object to sleeping beside him tonight. Falin was very warm after all.
Back to top Go down
Menel

Menel

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Even if this was not the intended outcome, suddenly with the prospect of Sterling being here tonight he was glad. Without thinking he leaned down and kissed the other man lightly on the cheek. "Done."

So it was. Falin called a local place that was happy to deliver, and they shared a far more comfortable meal together in the living space that suddenly felt far more homey. The scent of good food filled the apartment until they were both done, and after they were still chatting with one another. Curled up on the couch until they were both exhausted. Which was how they found themselves tangled up together there. Sleeping together on a couch made for sitting on and looks more than for being slept on.

Still, it was comfortable enough for the two of them to lay together on. Sterling on top, and Falin on the bottom, one arm sprawled out and the other holding Sterling securely. No need for blankets or pillows. Only the comfort of one another and...

The sound of knocking on the door.

Someone was banging on it, pounding hard and harder. Suddenly it burst in and Falin was on his feet. Three men dressed in black grinned at him hard and sharp. Where was his sword? He ran for it, grabbing the weapon and thrusting himself at the men. They piled toward him without any sort of reason. One tried to punch him and he thrust his sword into the man, pushing him off again and having to dodge another attack. The second man was smarter, working with the third and forcing his back against the wall as he tried to keep them at bay. He took a strike to the knee and went down, managing to stab one of them in the foot even as he took a cut from a big knife on the shoulder.

They were talking to him, taunting him. Laughing as his weapon clattered to the floor. One of them stabbed him again, but Falin grabbed his arm and threw himself at the man. Punching until the last tackled him, stabbing him. So much blood. It was everywhere as he pulled the knife from his own body and stabbed it into the other man.

Everything hurt but he made it to his knees. Made it up enough to see him standing there with Aviline. Holding her with his dagger to her throat. Holding her up as she struggled just a little to get free.

"No... please don't." He begged. He couldn't move, and he struggled against the weight that was keeping him down. "Please!"

In his sleep he struggled the demons in his mind, his words echoing out into reality.
Back to top Go down
Laven

Laven

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Sterling had been deeply asleep, completely content to stretch out on top of Falin like a great white cat. The sight had even amused the swordsman when Sterling had settled himself, helping him braid his hair so that it didn’t stay in a bun all night but also didn’t tangle into a knot of feather-light strands. Other than that they hadn’t even bothered changing clothes as they hadn’t intended to fall asleep when they did. But sleep they did, and as Falin dreamed of his darkest day Sterling was dreaming of an old old wound.

It was always the same. The long hallways, dim because she had sensitive eyes and felt that even lamp light would blemish her complexion. He had to be quiet. Always as quiet as he could be, but never silent so that he didn’t startle her. He walked with measured steps down the dim halls and pressed his hand to the wall. Even though he couldn’t turn his head he knew as he touched the expensive and creamy wallpaper that it was being marred by his touch. A stain that grew as he dragged his small, child’s hand along it towards the end of the hall.

It was the end of the hall that scared him the most. Dim but still a trembling light could be seen. He tried to drag his feet but couldn’t. He went on and on, walking towards the faint light until he was in a bedroom. Opulent, expensive, it was his now, stripped of all this finery and lavish waste of money. In the bed sat his mother, pale and glorious. Besides her, standing and trying to calm her down was the man she had spent her life with. Not his father, but the man who had tried to raise him.

When she saw him he felt like her gaze drew him forwards. He couldn't hear the words she said, couldn’t understand them as they fell like polished blades from her lips.  The man who wasn’t his father never spoke, only trying to placate her for all her rage couldn’t be quelled. She clung to him even as she seared Sterling with her voice. Even as she reached for him and shook him. Jostled him so that his head felt like it was snapping back and forth.

Suddenly the movement became more real than it had ever before. And as the dream snapped away to reality Sterling realized the motion hadn’t. He was being shifted violently by Falin beneath him. The other man moaning in a pained voice and begging for someone to stop. Instinct made Sterling reach out, to press a hand on Falin’s chest so that he wasn’t rocked completely off of the couch even as he spoke to try and wake him.

“Falin, Falin wake up now.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You and Me {Falin & Sterling}   You and Me {Falin & Sterling} - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You and Me {Falin & Sterling}
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next