Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skultone

Skultone

Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] Empty
PostSubject: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Mornings should have been easy when you lived above a cafe. Your day started by the murmur of voices and feet below you and the scent of freshly brewed coffee and warm pastries drifting over your nose. And yet, mornings were hard for Phoenix. He could never tell if it was because of his internal rhythm trying to keep him awake late into the night or instead the phantom aches and pains in his missing arm and foot. Those were supposed to fade with time and therapies and yet they remained, ghosts that reminded him they were still there every time one of his prosthetics was attached.

Today though, today as he hauled himself to the edge of his little bed and fumbled one handed with his false foot, he could blame his exhaustion squarely on his job. Not the one that didn't require fiddling with the website of the cafe he lived above. Instead the one that kept his mind interested on even the frustrating days.

He had been sent a message late in the night from the head of security. Previous head of security, that is. Late enough it could have been morning by his standards. And it required a face to face call, one that Skultone wouldn't have minded but that Phoenix dreaded. He simply didn't like having to school his expressions into what was expected. Within the game was easy enough, he could just wear a mask if it came down to it. But in the real world he had to play a part.

He hated pretend.

Once he had put on the removable parts of himself and gotten through the tasks that came with starting his day he sent a quick message to his old boss. Then a second to his landlady, asking not to be disturbed. After that all he could do was sit at his work desk and wait, the quiet sound of his oxygen machine one more background sound to his life.
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Dunstan had taken the trek down to his old offices expecting to find the new head of security there. The office remained as empty as it was when the work crew had carried the last of his boxes out to move to his new office on one of the upper floors. He had always maintained that he wanted a close proximity to his crew, and after a few conversations had found out that the new head of security was not even based in the country. He did however enjoy catching up with friends. This new Head of Security wasn't winning any brownie points with him over his proximity to his co-workers, but he knew that telecommuting was common enough that it didn't surprise him that John Bosley had hired someone who would be required to do so.

After sending off the message to the new head of security, he waited for a response. Checking the time in France multiple times and grimacing when he realized what time his message had been sent. Dunstan had shooed away the cleaning crew twice before letting them into his office to take care of the nightly maintenance on their third attempt. He had busied himself staring out the window at the city while they cleaned, marveling that nothing ever really shut down fully. He had started to doze off when the reply finally came through. He took a swig of his soda and rubbed his face a bit to wake himself up, then initiated the call.

"Hello Mr Avalerion" He stumbled a bit with the pronunciation, as most Americans would, but his experience being an 'ambassador of goodwill' for the company made his attempt at least passable. "My name is Dunstan Spyer. I hope you are doing well today?"
Back to top Go down
Skultone

Skultone

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 6:28 pm

"Good morning Mr. Spyer." Phoenix had a fairly strong accent, in both English and French. But he had been assured by tutors and his landlady's family that it was 'charming' more than 'incomprehensible'. He took them at their word since very few people ever asked him to repeat himself. Tired hazel eyes looked into his webcam at his former boss, noting the darkness outside the windows behind Dunstan.

"I suppose 'good evening' would be more accurate. What can I help you with?" There was no point in pleasantries when both men were probably fatigued and just wanted the conversation over with so they could move on with their business. He adjusted himself in his seat and schooled his frown back into a more neutral expression.
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Dunstan delivered his greeting, brushed a lock of dark hair from his eyes, then looked slightly down from where his webcam was to his screen. He had always found it more personable to greet someone while looking at them, not just above, below or to the side. His sparkling blue eyes flickered momentarily as his gaze settled on the man in front of him, and the respirator he was wearing. He quickly put on his own smile. "It is hard to tell the time of day when working on a global scale." He tilted his head to the side slightly. "I hope I did not catch you at an inconvenient moment."

His brow furrowed slightly, putting creases in his forehead. "It's just that I encountered a situation in the game that appeared to involve fairly severe harassment. And since it's is no longer my job to dabble in such affairs, I thought I would to the right thing and report it to the appropriate authorities." He shifted his facial expression into a large smile. "Which is now you."

He looked slightly sheepish. "And I thought it might be a good excuse to meet the person who they gave my job to. But if this is a bad time, I can always get back to you later, or file a report the way normal people would."
Back to top Go down
Skultone

Skultone

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 8:09 am

For all it was a routine situation for someone in Phoenix's position he appreciated Spayer bringing it to him directly. Perhaps someone else would feel like they were being micromanaged, but for Phoenix it was just a facet of his job. He wanted the people under his management to bring cases they were no longer equipped to handle to people that were. And now that Dunstan Spayer had been promoted out of this department it made sense for him to pass something as serious as harassment on to him. better than it possibly getting lost as a filed report.

"Inconvenient or not if it's important I'm glad you brought it to my attention. I assume you have the username of the victim and any known harassers?" He raised a brow in Spayer's direction at the notion that he wanted to see Phoenix to gauge him as his successor, then dropped it as he opened the programs needed to look at user data in Sav.ior. "I'm surprised that you didn't just look up my company information. It's well within grasp for anyone at your level of security after all."
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 7:45 am

Dunstan nodded slowly to the camera as his fingers wordlessly played across his keyboard. "Call me old fashioned, but I always preferred the personal touch to things." He sighed. "Personnel Files can be cold and inaccurate and are subject to having a supervisor that thinks highly of you." He stopped typing and a number of windows opened up on his computer. His gaze glanced down at his screen and darted around a bit.

"The victim is a user that goes by the name of Samael. And the aggressor was named Damon." He paused for a moment and thought while looking at the screen, apparently reading something. "Although there is circumstantial evidence that Samael is not the only victim." Dunstan paused and looked down and to the right, staring at the empty can of mountain dew still on his desk.

"Look. I've been through enough sensitivity training over the years to recognize battered wife syndrome when I see it." His gaze returned to the screen, and the man he's talking to. "There were enough fear reactions in that room when Damon showed up, and when I intervened myself that it set off most of my flags." He shuffled windows around a bit. "I wrote up a full-sensory-situation report immediately after the incident. I can try to re-describe it for you, or I can send you the report. I don't know which would be more helpful."
Back to top Go down
Skultone

Skultone

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Skultone listened and nodded slowly when Dunstan gave him the option between verbal and recorded reports. His own eyes were sharp as they scanned through the available data on the two users in question. There was a world at his fingertips and while he would never abuse his privilege he did use his power judiciously when he saw fit. Samael and Damon, two names that had been pulled up quickly and glanced over before he replied. “Providing you’re up to it, I think both would give me the best picture. If you think that this is a serious enough situation that it needs my intervention I think I need to know as much as you can offer me.” His serious face did not change as he looked into the camera at the other man, but he had never been able to hide his feelings, and the furrowing of his brow gave away how he felt about the prospect of a user being abused.

“If you have the time, I have the time to see this through. There hasn’t been any serious cases that need an upper level admin to step in lately. So if that trend continues I can devote some time to seeing what can be done about this abusive user.”
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 7:18 pm

"Yes of course." Dunstan nodded slowly and then took a deep breath. "If you will pardon me for just a moment before we begin though." He stood and walked off the screen, over to a small refrigerator that was disguised as one of his filing cabinets. Removing a trio of cans, he wandered back to his desk, setting them down near the empty one that was still sitting to the side of his monitor from earlier. It was going to be a long night... no. Morning now.

"It all started with my former co-workers." He smiled slightly mischievously. "Your underlings at this point." The smile drifted off his face slowly as he continued talking. "Several had been raving about the host diner where this all occurred, and I'm sure they could tell from my reaction every time they brought it up that I had the wrong idea about what it was all about."

Dunstan reached to one of the cans of soda and cracked it open with a sharp hiss/fizz. "Now that my my own duties have shifted, I found myself with some spare time and resolved to go and see for myself what all the hoopla was about..."

Dunstan continued on, relating as best he could everything he had seen and experienced the whole time he had been at the diner, pausing to answer questions, and offering deeper descriptions of things if Phoenix made a request of it.

Fin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]   Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intra-office Communications [Phoenix and Dunstan]
Page 1 of 1