Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ugz

Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 am

It was humid, the air thick to the point where it made breathing difficult. There was no trace of a wind to offer some relief from the heat which made the skin crawl with sweat. Instead of wind on the air, there was the sound of buzzing, chirping, and scratching. The area around them teemed with life which came mostly in the form of small biting insects; and larger ones. Sometimes much larger ones.

What was the point of playing a game, if one was stuck in a place this hot? This miserable?

Ugz trudged through the plants that came up to his hips determinedly, but not without a scowl on his face. These were just the low-lying plants. Most of them were much, much larger. In fact the main flora around here was a giant purple flower that was at least two hundred feet tall. Give or take his estimate. He swatted at another insect that dared to dart in and try to land on one of his pointed ears and growled.

"I can't believe this is one of the starting areas. This is so dumb. Who wants to be eaten by bugs all day?" Ugz spotted a giant red centipede and stopped in his tracks to watch the creature warily. With the riot of colors that the foliage offered the fauna around here was of all sorts of shades. He hadn't even seen the centipede until it took note of a sunnier spot to go lay down in and climbed up the flower-tree to get there.

He continued on his way with an eye still on the insect, stomping on the plants that got in his way. Until he came to a bush that was taller than he was. It sported bright purple berries that were assuredly poisonous, but more importantly there wasn't an easy way around it.
"And it's hot. Why does it have to be this hot?"

All of his questions were not directed to the thin air, but rather to his brother whom stood somewhat to the side and behind him. Rondun - as he was called here - was a giant rabbit of an avatar. One that loomed over his much smaller form though he was loathe to allow that. As if reminded of his own meager height he drew himself up as tall as he could. Covered in brown fur and wearing metal armor, Ugz wasn't sure how his brother was managing in this place. He'd have been dying. He was dying.

Compared to his brother he was a tiny little thing. His green skin that was striped in brown over the crown of his head and the backs of his ears, he blended in well with his surroundings. Which made a certain amount of sense given that as a goblin this was his starting area. He'd long ago ditched his long-sleeved black shirt into his inventory and stood wearing only his gold and red vest alongside his black cargo pants. It made it easier for the insects to bite him, but it was a better alternative to turning into a puddle of sweat.

As it was he was miserable, and since misery did indeed love company, he was determined to spread his misery to the only company he had. His brother.

Last edited by Ugz on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 10:49 pm

The large bunny that trailed behind him just smiled and said softly. “Well we are in a lush jungle. An area that was built to challenge players.”

In many ways he should complain just as much his little brother. He could already feel the sweat making his fur stick to his skin and armour. If he take off the inner shirt now he should be able to wring out enough liquid to water the garden. Still there was no point in complaining, they were already knee deep into the swamp. At least he is. To whoever developer that decide to mix bunny and giant into one Lamian avatar he should thank them. So he will let his little brother do all of it.

Right now, however, he would just chuckle softly and whack down another insect that see the little goblin as easy picking. They screech and snarled constantly, disguising their actual dive bomb attack. His ear twist and turn to catch the minute change in the noise and ready his mace. It only took one hit for him to fell any creatures that come their way. He was far too overlevelled for this area, but for Ugz it probably just hit the level ceiling for him before he gets no experience for being too low levelled. Thus this is an excellent farming place for older players to carry new players. If that was what they were supposed to do.

They were supposed to go meet a quest giver, but the moment Ugz got the quest, he immediately went off. Yelling something about that he could do it himself, and promptly went in the wrong direction. Rondun at that time just shrugged and let his little brother run off. He would figure this out eventually, he is not dumb. Besides it would be a good way to see what has changed since the years they have been apart. The loudness was certainly a new trait.

Soon the vegetation began to grow even denser. He allowed the flame in his mace to grow a little more, just to stave off some of the carnivorous plants that started to crawl in towards them. It will start to be more dangerous if they continue on this path. If they are unlucky enough they may end up finding the area boss.

“Do you want me to help clear the quest?” He asked. Hopefully the answer is yes so he can pick his little brother up and then turn around and march all the way back to where the quest giver is.
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 12:00 am

Glaring incessantly at the bush before him Ugz looked up at his brother with narrowing red eyes and sighed loudly to bring attention to the fact that he was in fact stuck. That he couldn't go any further forward because the bush was too tall for him to go through and the other plants had grown up around it blocking his path. Rondun however paid no heed to Ugz's theatrical sigh however, his own eyes roaming the skies and the ground for any sign of an attack.

He tapped his foot, but still nothing. Instead Rondun spoke up and his words made Ugz's brow furrow even more than it was already furrowed. There was suddenly this deep line right above his eyebrows, and the crease of his mouth became a thin line.

"No. I don't need you." It was firmly stated and clearly something he wasn't willing to argue about. So he shouldered past his brother, his body barely coming to the other's waist and went around the blasted bush. "It's easy. You just have to find this creature that the old man wants you to kill. I'm saving tons of time here by ignoring some stupid scripted conversation and just finding the animal. It's a..."

He stopped mid-track and checked the mission again, finding it and stomping forwards once more. "Its a chimera beetle. I read about chimera's in school. They're animals that are made up of a bunch of other animals. There's chimera humans too, but it means something else then."

Without thinking he'd trailed off into talking naturally. He didn't get that chance very often. Making friends at school... and then he'd had to move to a brand new one when he'd moved in with his brother. The thought made him scowl and he shut his trap, splashing through a stream and making short work of an insect that was trying to sneak up on him. He could do this himself! He just had to find the blasted thing!
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 4:56 am

He did hear the exaggerated sigh, but Rondun didn’t really think Ugz need help getting pass that plant. There were several bouncy plants nearby that he could use to jump through, or he could probably crawl underneath the foliage. However before he could point any of these features out, the goblin pushed past him and plan on taking the long way around the plant. He started to explain about his plan of skipping the talking part of the quest. It could go smoothly, as some quest does allow you to skip the story option, but there was also a chance that the final prize being denied because one forgot to talk to a certain NPC. Still Ugz seemed excited to fight his first major monster, he wasn’t going to rain on his parade.

“Oh? What would a chimera human be called?” He asked as he followed behind his little brother. He was genuinely curious on what he has learned in school. Also to make sure his curriculum was up to date. Not to mention Ugz stopped talking so suddenly, he wanted to let him start back up. There are so many things he wanted to learn about his brother. So he remained quiet.

As they cross the stream, he carefully positioned himself so he would took the brunt of the current. His shield diverting the harshest stream for a few feet. At the same time he scanned the water for piranhas, they were always fast and can easily overwhelm a single player. Then again he could take the damage and in turn buff Ugz damage, so he could hunt down the insects more efficiently. His mace burn brightly, inviting the creatures to attack him and ignored the goblin.
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 9:50 pm

"It's called human chimerism. Duh." The reply was short and to the point, spoken only because Ugz couldn't resist the temptation to prove that he knew something that possibly his brother didn't. He pretended not to notice that his brother was pushing back some of the water with his shield as he stomped through the stream. If Rondun wanted to get wet, let him! Better than him ending up with water in his boots.

With that thought firmly in mind Ugz continued forward stubbornly. He was looking for some sign of the creature he was supposed to be hunting but so far there was nothing. Nothing!

Until suddenly there it was, a rather smallish looking beetle with a pearl shell roaming over a log with hardly a care in the world. Excitedly Ugz rushed toward it, uncaring of his other surroundings as he moved toward the insect he had been looking for all this time with his switchblade winding out of his hand dexterously.

He was moving so quickly that he clearly didn't realize that the log wasn't a log at all. In fact the hill that the log was sitting on wasn't a hill. It was a creature. One that stirred the moment his feet hit it. The motion of the creature spilled him further along its back toward the log which was really part of its body. It looked like so much moss and leafy tendrils, a mound which was in fact alive.

One that wasn't very happy to be awoken in such a rude fashion.
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 2:27 am

Rondun smiled. He was about to ask a few more question, like if a werewolf would fall under human chimerism or what are the common way chimerism happen in nature. Just something benign and doesn’t require the truth or logic. Any sort of topic he can latch on to and get his brother talking more. Unfortunately, before he can do so, Ugz spotted his prize and dashed forward. He saw the log before his brother did.

He immediately pulled up shield, the side sprang apart to reveal a fiery core holding all the metal plates together, it drew the attention of all the creature in range. However the only one Rondun cared for is the mossy beast in front. His level should be high enough to affect even this monster. He wouldn’t take any chance either. His mace whirled in the sockets as he leapt forward. He recognised where the head is and swung his mace down hard. It won’t take out the creature, but should make it dizzy for a while.

During the whole time his face showed no anger or panic. Some have commented that his calm demeanour have helped them to calm down during the fight. He would just smile at those comments and just say he was happy to help however he can. Just like now as he turned towards Ugz.

“Well then go on.” He said with a gentle smile. “You have spotted your quarry haven’t you? I’m sure you can chase it down before it escapes.” He kept his mace firmly on top of the creatures head, fully intending to slam it down again should it even consider getting back up. There will be no mercy to anything that would harm his family.
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 11:04 am

Sliding up the creature's back as it reared up Ugz let out an undignified squeak and tried to grab a hand-hold of the grass. It didn't work, a patch of grass tearing out and showing more moss underneath as he finally hit the log with a small thud. He grunted irritably and clung to the side of the log. His heart was pounding in his ears, but he could hear his brother talking calmly to him from below.

“Well then go on. You have spotted your quarry haven’t you? I’m sure you can chase it down before it escapes.”

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?!?"
Ugz yelled the words back at his brother, still hopelessly clinging to the creature's back. It, was showing no signs of being dazed by Rondun's attack. Possibly because it was a plant and thus immune to such effects. It seemed to feel the attack though, and it silently quivered in something that seemed like angry menace in spite of the fact that it didn't make a sound.

It took a swipe at Rondun, making Ugz let out a little scream as the creature's body lurched. The bug meanwhile was happily crawling around, completely oblivious to the fact that it was on the body of the living hill.
"What are you doing? Stop making it angry!" Without thinking the goblin stabbed the little switchblade he had into its back, activating his back-stab ability to no avail. Did this creature not have a back?

Either way his attack seemed to anger the creature and it took a swipe at Ugz in retaliation.
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 11:32 pm

The plant creature was not dazed. It could be they have redesigned the creature or reclassified it since the last time he was in the area. For a moment he felt old, but he pushed the thought back and not let it show. He just concentrate on keeping the creature as still as possible. His brother was yelling out again.

“You are the rogue. Fast and agile.” He said between breath as he took the swipe. Claws splintered against his shield, the dry part instantly burning up by his shield. It was still a heavy attack and he almost got pushed into the water. He reposed against the arm, making sure it stay angry at him and not anyone else. It didn’t work too well, or maybe the back-stab attack triggered a shift in aggro, even if the damage was miniscule.

Rondun leapt up and blocked the swipe again. His shield was in bad position and his mace wasn’t enough to get the claw off him. His health took a little hit, but he shrugged it off and instantly cast his buff. He slammed the mace against his shield and flame burst out a little in a wave, allowing everyone around him to gain a bonus in speed.

Despite anger beginning to light up in his stomach, his face and tone remained completely calm. “I believe the creature would always remain angry if we are after its companion. It would be wise to just grab it as soon as possible.” He paused. “Unless you wanted to take on this boss yourself. That way the beetle have nowhere to run.”
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Internally Ugz winced as his brother jumped up, using his impressive bunny jump to block the attack that the creature sent in his direction. Okay so it wasn't really a bunny jump so much as it was a regular leap, but Ugz had to admit that watching his brother bound around was pretty funny, even if they were in a life-or-death situation. Rondun wasn't even jumping up that high; he was just tall enough that any sort of leap was impressive.

His brother's words brought Ugz back to his precarious predicament however. Which was, as it was, perched atop a raging whatever-this-was while his prey meandered around blissfully unaware of his precarious position.
"It's kinda hard to be fast and agile while clinging to a log." Ugz spat his words out irritably. "This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't forced me to play this stupid game."

Eyeing the beetle determinedly Ugz ignored the creature he was riding in the hopes that Rondun would take care of it while he took care of the beetle and edged himself along the log closer to the insect. "Here beetle, beetle, beetle."

“I believe the creature would always remain angry if we are after its companion. It would be wise to just grab it as soon as possible. Unless you wanted to take on this boss yourself. That way the beetle have nowhere to run.”

"I'm trying to grab it!" Ugz edged a little closer to the beetle and then froze in place. "You want me to what?!? Why do I have to beat this plant thing all by myself? Can't you do something? I'm a little busy over here!"
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 am

He couldn’t help it, he laughed softly. In a sense he did kind of forced him to play the game with him, considering he owned no other game at home. Rondun thought it would be a good way for them to get to know each other. He might have to think a little more on that, may get some other game as well. For now this is all they have.

The moss monster finally rear up properly, dispelling the lodged in dirt and revealing more of its form. Leaves and roots fell away to show a lumpy black mass with a single yellow eye, glaring at the bunny knight. Its viney claws gripped the log that was lodged on its hip and pulled it free. The creature immediately used it to slam it down towards Rondun, taking no heed of the passenger on its back. He leapt back into the water, his ear twitching back and forth. He had to dodged forward again as the creature screeched in rage and threw the log down on him in a tantrum. At least it wasn’t stomping around again and just screeching and tried to swipe at the knight.

Ugz didn’t seem to be too keen on defeating the boss monster itself, so there was really nothing left to it. “Well then brace yourself.” He said, voice almost drowned out by the roaring river and the chattering from the beast in front of him.

He jumped up and used triple strike. Hitting his mace down three times in quick succession, straight towards the inky black mass. The fire tore through the wood, leaving behind a trail of steamy and burnt vegetation. Finally before he lands, he put his shield up in front and let his whole body momentum slammed the beast back down to ground level.

Each hit was fast and careful. He made sure none of the hits were in the vicinity of the beetle or his brother, not even the small fire area of effect that came naturally from his gears would touch them. With the beast down and still, now should be the perfect time to grab their prize and turn in the quest. Now hopefully nothing else goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]   Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Jungle [Ugz & Rondun]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next