Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ugz

Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] Empty
PostSubject: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 10:50 pm

On the outskirts of the town there was a little cafe. An unobtrusive place where one could get a good cup of coffee or tea depending on their preference. There weren't a lot of customers, but there were enough that the presence of a few extra wasn't noticeable. Which was perhaps why this place had been chosen as a meeting place. Ugz didn't even really stand out, not with his fancy vest on, but he'd drawn a few odd looks just the same.

It was his loud complaining that did it. There was a large, steaming cup of coffee in front of him. One of those with extra foam that had been shaped into - of all things - a cute bunny rabbit. Which of course, he had promptly and with great delight destroyed. Stabbing his spoon into the center of it several times and mixing vigorously.
"This will make three days. Three days! I'm here every day early and they still aren't here. Whoever this Tetrosabier is, probably doesn't even exist."

He didn't want to admit the truth. That the other person had probably taken one look at his scrawny, tiny avatar and decided not to waste their time. The thought hurt, and he kept his eyes downcast as he spoke angrily; his shoulders hunched.
"Stupid game. All I wanted out of it was to get to be an assassin and now I can't even do that. What's the point? I should just quit."

None of this was spoken to the cafe of course. He was talking to his ever-present brother who had refused to allow him to come to this meeting alone. They'd already had a fight about it. Ugz wanting to be able to do this by himself and Rondun demanding that he come with just to be safe. Ugz had pointed out that he was already going to have one babysitter for the mission and that he certainly didn't need two, but his words had been to no avail. No, a certain overly-large bunny rabbit was sitting next to him calmly and placidly; irritating by mere presence.
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 12:05 am

To be completely honest he doesn’t want to do this. Rondun has specifically made himself a glowing beacon of safety and peace in the game. By being large, a paladin and on fire. Most of the time. So when he heard that his little brother took on an assassination job, he feel a duty to go with him. Even if its to diffuse any situation Ugz caused. Which seemed to be often.

Ugz is loud, emotional and frequently wanted to start fights. They had a fight before coming here as well. Although it was more of a one sided shouting match since he was just try to calmly explain that despite being a game this is still the internet and there are many different strangers out there and he would rather be safe than sorry. No matter how much he screamed and stomped angrily around him, Rondun couldn’t stand aside and let a stranger take his little brother out for a mission without him meeting him at least once.

Besides the café was nice, it was quiet and cosy with a good selection of coffee and tea. Not to mention the barista was obviously talented in foaming up a cute bunny for Ugz. The goblin probably wanted the drink more than the art though, so he settled with a screenshot of the food they ate before a fork was stabbed into it. He picked a pot of chamomile tea with frost leaves added in. It looked beautiful in the glass pot, the white flower swirling lazily across the pale liquid with crystalline leaves accompany them.

“Be patient, they could have other appointment.” He said calmly, sipping his tea. It wasn’t hard to imagine the other reason that made Ugz upset, but he rather not point it out or even think about it. Instead he thought of a better idea, to make his little brother feel better. “How about this. We’ll wait for another thirty minutes, during which I will buy you any cake you want in the glass display.”

Over at the counter the glass display contained all sorts of cake, decorated beautifully and looked like they were dripping with sugar and fruits. Normal players probably back off the moment they saw the price tag for some of them, but not Rondun. Rondun never worried about the gold. He has a lot and he would never skimp out on whatever his brother would choose. This would probably calm the goblin down so whenever the other player come they won’t have to deal with angry shouting.
Back to top Go down
Tetrosabier

Tetrosabier

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Tetrosabier was walking down the street,   heading back to the coffee shop.  The young goblin inside sat with a large rabbit.  Looking at the letter the guild had sent him,  he compared it to the ball of fury on the other side of the glass.  It's definitely the right person.  Approaching the glass he peered at the pair.

The one he had been assigned to mentor was throwing a fit.  Meanwhile the rabbit sat across from the goblin,  calming him down.  Tetrosabier sighed.  He didn't understand why the assassins guild wanted him to teach a young kid again.  He had assumed that the last one would have been enough.

Opening the door to the cafe,  Tetrosabier took a glance at the waitress.  She took one look at him and nodded, heading to the back room for a break.  Setting his stuff down behind the counter he washed his hands and continued where the waitress left off.  Glancing over to his pupil,  he watched as the pair argued,  the rabbit being calm and collected, meanwhile the one he was here for was turning as red as a tomato,  which Tetrosabier thought couldn't be possible for a goblin as green as that to do.  He sat behind the counter,  ducking in order to fit into this building that was to small for his tall build.  Taking the orders of the patrons in the shop, he listened in on the conversation between the rabbit and the goblin.

"Be patient, they could have other appointment"  Tetrosabier quickly put together they were talking about him.  Picking up his sheet of paper with the information on Ugz, he started to make his way over to the two of them.

"How about this. We’ll wait for another thirty minutes, during which I will buy you any cake you want in the glass display.”  Tetrosabier smiled,  Even better, let them come to me.  Setting the extra cakes into the glass display cases,  he listened to the sound of the goblin approaching with the other one.  He looked up and greeted him.

"You must be," he looked at his sheet trying to sound out the name in his head. "Oogz." Tetrosabier smiled.  "So you want to be an assassin,  huh?"

Last edited by Tetrosabier on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://youtu.be/X_8Nh5XfRw0
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Cake? The sound of the word made Ugz's already pointy ears perk up. One of the benifits of this game seemed to be that he could have whatever treats he wanted and no one seemed to mind. No matter how much candy, cake, or ice cream he wanted he never got sick to his stomach either. Add to that the fact that it was technically free desserts and he was absolutely sold on the idea. "Sure!"

Ugz popped up from his seat and started walking up to the counter, already eyeing the cakes hidden behind a thin veil of glass. There were so many to choose from, and they all looked equally delicious. By the time he had made it to the counter though, he knew what he wanted. It wasn't even that expensive, though surely Rondun could afford it.

He looked up at the counter, then looked up... and up. The bird-man behind the counter was huge. Tall enough to give his brother a run for his money and to have some to spare. Ugz's mouth dropped open just a little, and something stupid hung there on the edges of his lips waiting to fall out until unexpectedly the other man spoke.

"You must be," There was a short pause, followed by a smile. "Oogz. So you want to be an assassin,  huh?"

Instantly Ugz's brow furrowed and he frowned at the massive bird-man. "It's Ugz. And who are you? Some kind of creeper eavesdropping on our conversation?" The goblin put one hand on his hip and glared for all he was worth. "Look, I want the strawberry and lemon cake. Can you handle that without sticking your beak into someone else's business?"
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2020 11:26 pm

Rondun got up with Ugz, glad that seemed to finally diffuse some of the simmering anger. He was glad that sugar in the game has been translated so realistically he could just keep treating his brother without worrying about his health all that much.

As they approached the counter and Ugz was picking out the cake he wanted, Rondun looked towards the Lamian that was at the counter, someone that came in just moments ago to relieve the waitress. It is quite a pleasant rarity to actually have to tilt his head up to look at someone. Even with ears upright it actually doesn’t quite reach the top of the bird. When the man starting to speak to Ugz – mispronouncing the name to his annoyance – he felt the need to quickly examine this players public profile. Instantly things slid into place in his mind.

He laid a gentle hand on his brother, a soft pat to remind him to be polite. Especially to strangers that you will be forced to communicate with. Then he looked back to the Lamian. “And you must be Tetrosabier. Tell me is it your teaching policy to not meet with you student on time?” He asked smoothly. Nothing in his face or tone showed the annoyance that was firmly trapped in his chest and by holy flame it will be kept there until it burned itself up to nothingness. Or be drowned further down by the tea, hopefully he could order a new pot soon. He might also need a cake for himself.

Later, all of this will be later today after bedtime.
Back to top Go down
Tetrosabier

Tetrosabier

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 12:51 pm

The small child goblin looked up at Tetrosabier with a frown on his face.   "It's Ugz. And who are you? Some kind of creeper eavesdropping on our conversation?" Tetrosabier frowned.

"I thought you would have been a bit more exited to see me!" Tetrosabier went back to smiling.  "After all you have been waiting for three days!"

“And you must be Tetrosabier. Tell me is it your teaching policy to not meet with you student on time?” The tall bunny asked,  his face almost entirely void of all emotions.  Something about this rabbit seemed comforting though, almost friendly.

"No I will apologize for my tardiness," Tetrosabier reached into the display case pulling out the strawberry and lemon cake, the one the goblin had eyed heavily on his way over, and set it on the counter just far enough away that he could almost reach it if he were to jump.  "I would have been here sooner but I had some business in the exutaran lands,  and I figured that that would be a perfect chance to teach you one of the first rules of being an assassin.  Patience"

"That will be twenty-six dollars and fifty cents." Under his breath he remarked at how expensive these cakes all were. Oh well. You have to turn a profit somehow.

Last edited by Tetrosabier on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 1:10 pm

Wait. This was Tetrosabier? A too-tall bird-man in a suit? He looked ridiculous! How could someone hope to be stealthy when they were taller than Rondun of all people? Ugz had to crane his neck to keep the lamian in sight, watching his beak move with just a touch of fascination. What did it feel like to have a body part that you didn't have in reality? Did beaks have sensation like noses and mouths did?

A dozen questions swirled around in Ugz's head, but he didn't ask any of them. Instead he glared at the man in question and nearly missed that he was apologizing. Good! He should be sorry! Ugz flashed his teeth at the words, feeling just a touch victorious until Tetrosabier continued on, saying something or other about patience.

"Patience my ass!" Ugz didn't even think about the curse before it came out of his mouth, and his face molted with embarrassment. His brother wasn't supposed to know that he talked like that when Rondun wasn't around. Quickly he continued on, hoping that Rondun hadn't noticed his little slip up. "Three days is way too long! Most people wouldn't have waited for you as long as I did."

Ugz puffed out his chest a little and eyed the cake that Tetrosabier set out. It was just a little outside his reach. As in even if he jumped he wouldn't quite reach it. It was on purpose he just knew it. Red eyes flashed from cake to the lamian behind the counter and Ugz gave him a look that should have melted the glass around them. The little goblin looked liable to blow up any second now.
Back to top Go down
Rondun

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 11:13 pm

At Ugz outburst, Rondun only have an eyebrow raised. Not the worst he has heard out of a pre-teen. Some of the kids he tutored have a much more colourful language. So this will just be a soft reminder later after they logged off.

Still Tetrosabier doesn’t seem to be keen on making nice with his student. Particularly with the way he placed the cake just far enough that even if his brother jumped he wouldn’t have reached. He took a deep breath and reached his coin purse and start taking out money for the cake. They were bronze cents. He piled one on the counter, then another, and another. Until there was a good pile of bronze on the counter.

After a bit, Rondon tilt his head to the side. “Hmmm... Not enough room. Hold this for me.” He took the plate down and handed to Ugz. He fully expected his brother to just start devouring the cake on the spot. He just returned to piling more coins onto the counter where the cake was.

He at least still have enough of decency left in him that he stack each coin in the numbers of ten for easy counting and taking the coins out very fast. It does not make it that much easier as they are all one cent coins. As Rondun rarely spend money unless it was on his brother or other players, and he often get pocket change from young players that he helped. It was most likely all they have in their pocket so he gladly took them as payments even if they were all small coins. Soon he got all two thousand six hundred and fifty coins on the table. In the exact amount, because he can count like a vampire.

“There you go. Shall we discuss the lessons now or wait till after your shift?” he asked. In the end he smiled peacefully as if he didn’t do something that would make all other hospitality worker tearing their hair out. And no one can even proof he done so maliciously. Who would doubt that innocent bunny?
Back to top Go down
Tetrosabier

Tetrosabier

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 11:47 pm

"Three days is way too long! Most people wouldn't have waited for you as long as I did. The little goblin pouted, staring between the cake and his chin and giving him puzzling looks.  He of course was used to that, having been a Lamian for as long as he had.  People wondering how his beak would work and if he felt his tail.  He had already seen the questions swirling in the small goblins eyes.

"And most people are not cut out for the work of an assassin.  Congratulations,   you can wait."  Tetrosabier gave an overly exaggerated round of applause as the entire cafe turned and stared.  Some even joined in, thinking it might have been a birthday celebration.  The little goblin had been so absorbed in the cake that he probably didn't notice however.  It looked like most of the words Tetrosabier spoke went in through one ear and right out the other.

Tetrosabier turned back to the larger of the pair to see a large mass of bronze coins.  He smiled to himself,  understanding exactly why he was doing this and enjoying that someone here shared his sense of humor.  He sat patiently and counted with the rabbit,  watching as he handed the cake to Ugz.  Once that had all been sorted out the bunny turned to him and said "There you go. Shall we discuss the lessons now or wait till after your shift?”

Tetrosabier smiled from ear to ear, having thought that the entire coin debacle was hilarious.   He turned around and knocked on the door to the back room.  The waitress peered her head out to see Tetrosabier dumping the coinage into a bag for her.  She sighed to herself and decided to finish what she had been working on before going back to her work.  As Tetrosabier slowly and carefully placed the coins into the bags in handfuls, he chuckled to himself.  He had to have been planning it.  There is no way some person would walk around with two thousand some odd coins in his purse.

Pushing his way past the door of the counter, he quickly  threw his items back on, ready to walk out the door.  "I'm ready now, let's head out."  Dodging all the tables gracefully, making his way to the doors.  Within seconds he had made his way to the door and was holding it open for the pair to follow.  Now he was standing at full height, he seemed to skinny to be as tall as he was.  He was tall, as everyone had noticed,  but he was also extremely lanky.  As he held the door open he looked towards Rondun.

He will have to go.

Last edited by Tetrosabier on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ugz

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 12:07 am

Rather than say something about his language Rondun pulled out a pouch full of coins and began to count them out for Tetrosabier. In truth, Ugz was amazed by the sheer volume of coins that his brother had on him, but he wasn't about to say anything. It did make him smile though, to watch the coins begin to pile up, and pile up. A few seconds into the counting Rondun casually handed the cake to him and he started to eat it right then and there, hardly waiting for his brother to finish with the money.

Ugz didn't doubt for a second that his brother was good for the cake. He would never have offered otherwise. Which meant that all the little coins were for Tetrosabier's benefit, a fact which made Ugz endlessly pleased. He hadn't known that his brother had such a dastardly side to him!

Finally the coins were set out and Tetrosabier graciously accepted them, sweeping them carefully into a bag for the waitress who had been there originally. Ugz was a bit disappointed that the bird-man didn't seem at all bothered by the trick, but then he couldn't be that surprised. Rondun wouldn't have been bothered by it either. In fact he would have reacted much the same way; by smiling and putting the coins away dutifully.

The goblin watched the lamian work his way around the counter and hurriedly put the rest of the cake in his inventory for later eating and made to follow in the man's wake. His legs were shorter which mean that it took him longer to get there. Nor did he have Tetrosabier's grace, but he was small enough that he didn't bump into anyone or anything on his way.

"So, what's the first lesson? I mean, I have this mission, aren't we just going to go do that?" That sure would make it a lot easier than trying to do whatever 'lessons' this guy could come up with.. Ugz suspected that Tetrosabier was liable to come up with ridiculous things that weren't even real lessons just for the heck of it. He seemed like the vindictive sort, or maybe that was just the vibe that Ugz was getting from him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]   Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Day Waiting Period [Rondun, Tetrosabier, Ugz]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next