Savior

Savior is a world in which you are the hero. A VR experience - Join us in one reality, or another...

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Apotheosis

Apotheosis

Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2023 9:35 pm

It doesn't matter that the little creature is made of pixels. Apotheosis still yelps a little as she sees Wolf winding up to throw the frog, flinching and shutting her eyes tightly--

But when it lands in the water and the ghostly figure reveals the way, Apotheosis's eyes blink back open, and she sighs in relief. "Sorry," she murmurs as she takes Wolf's hand and squeezes it gently. "I like most animals too much to even want to hurt them. Even frogs." After all, animals don't hurt her. It's just people that do.

But Wolf won't hurt her.

She walks with him as he leads the way. She already looks uncomfortable on account of the huge oven's heat, but when she catches sight of the little golden dragon caught in the tiny little cage, she gasps, looking at Wolf. "Do you see that? How cruel! How sad!" she whispers. Already her violet eyes are welling with tears. "Who'd do something like this to such a poor and innocent little creature?"

Again, it doesn't matter that the little golden dragon is made of pixels... It's still a cute creature that Apotheosis doesn't want to see in pain or misery.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2023 9:50 pm

Wolf is glad to leave the room with the frogs behind, and glad somewhat that he’s not wearing much in the way of layers since the room they enter into is one that is filled with stifling heat. He looks at the huge oven and winces. There’s only one story that he knows of that has such a monstrous oven in it, and it doesn’t end well for anyone. He looks around the room cautiously, looking for anything that might be moving around. Though most specifically… little old ladies.

Nothing. Nothing but the little dragon that Apotheosis points out. He feels a pang himself for the little creature captured in the cage. He understands what it’s like to be in a situation that it feels like there’s no escape from. Wolf nods to Apotheosis’s question and starts moving across the intervening space as stealthily as he can manage.

He’s not really built for stealth, but he doesn’t want to draw the attention or ire of the woman who’s home this almost certainly is. Wolf motions for Apotheosis to be quiet with a press of one finger to the lips and then gives her a ‘come hither’ motion of his hand to encourage her to follow him as silently as she can manage toward the cages.

Wolf keeps close to the walls and then the cages themselves until they reach the little one holding the dragon in it. Peering at it he has to admit that it is remarkably gorgeous a creature. He can’t get a great look at it though due to the cage that holds it.
“Here we are.”

His voice is a gentle thing as he moves to give Apotheosis some room near the cage, his eyes casting about for a key. “How do we get you out little one?”
Back to top Go down
Tanithariairisixchel

Tanithariairisixchel

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2023 10:01 pm

The sound of sniffling gets louder and louder as the cage is approached, the little dragon inside obviously is very upset about the fact that she is trapped. Which she is. She curls her tiny tail over the end of her snout and lets crystalline tears stream down her little cheeks. Anyone that thinks that dragons can’t cry because they happen to be ‘reptiles’ is wrong.

Eventually however one of her little eyes peeks open as she hears the sound of movement. Her eyes as it turns out are just as gold as her little self is. She peers through the bars of her cage and then suddenly perks up. Sniffing, she writhes in a circle until she’s facing the outward portion of the cage rather than having her back to the world - as she had a moment before. Her wings give an uncomfortable little flutter and she sniffs again.

“Peoples?” She inquires curiously, cautiously, and hopefully. A little tear slips down her cheek and she slips her tiny fore-claw through the cracks. Reaching through the cage toward the peoples that she sees. “Peoples-help?” Her voice is very quick and obviously feminine. The sound of a small child’s voice really. It’s a little eerie to hear this little creature speak in such a voice.

Then again, as realistic as this game is, it’s perhaps not surprising that such minor details are seen to. Though, a little gold dragon doesn’t really fit the motif of this particular dungeon does it? “I-don’t-know-how-get-out!” She rushes to say, her voice and eyes filling with frustrated tears. “Please-help! Don’t-leave!”
Back to top Go down
Apotheosis

Apotheosis

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 3:00 pm

Apotheosis looks like she might start weeping herself in the moment that the golden dragon starts speaking to her in such a pained and frustrated little voice. The poor girl easily extends her sympathy for any manner of injured or captured creature.

(After all, she's trapped herself in her home for so long that, in some way, she's forgotten who the captor is.)

"Yes, we want to help! We won't leave," Apotheosis says in a soft little voice, moving closer to the cage. She inspects the golden dragon for anything that might suggest she's been injured or otherwise mistreated beyond being captured. Here in Savior, after all, she can heal. "Have you seen the person who's kept you here?"

It's a helpful question. It might give them a clue as to what they're meant to do here. What they're supposed to do in a home that looks like it belongs to an old woman, or at least what she knows from books, TV shows, and movies. She doesn't think she's ever been in a home belonging to an elderly person before--not anyone who wasn't ludicrously rich and owned a mansion with people to clean it regularly, that is.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Wolf touches Apotheosis on the shoulder, glancing at the little dragon in the cage. She doesn’t… fit. She shouldn’t be trapped in a cage, instead there should be children here. Yet… Here she is and the children are missing. He feels a little uneasy about the situation. “Keep her quiet, I’m going to look for the key.”

With that he slips away through the room, keeping an eye out for any angry-looking little old ladies who might try to apprehend them. So far… No sign of any. However there are two doors out of the room that they are in. One where they had come in - the exit replaced with a door. One across from that.

What he needs though are keys.

Quietly he slips nearer to the door, thinking that most people keep keys near the door into their homes. He finds a little dish near the bundle of knitting tools and carefully rifles through it’s contents. Feathers, huge pins, keys, a spool of thread, loose candy. Keys! He picks them up and grins, shaking his hand at Apotheosis to get her attention and show her the keys.

Yaga has awoken

Wolf freezes and then rushes forward, thrusting the keys into Apotheosis’s hands and no longer making much effort to be quiet. “Here! Get her out and I’ll distract… Yaga.” He looks a bit pale at the thought of facing the infamous woman from fairy tales.
Back to top Go down
Tanithariairisixchel

Tanithariairisixchel

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 3:37 pm

The words of reassurance that are offered have an instant effect on the little dragon, who cheers up immediately. She manages to rouse herself a little bit. Which is both good and bad. On one hand it means that she’s not crying anymore, but on the other hand it’s clear that the cage is a bit too small for a dragon her size (which isn’t very large). No, her wings are quite pinioned to her shoulders and there’s almost no room for her tail at all. She makes little noises of distress when she can’t move the way that she wants to.

“Peoples-help!” She is being a little more demanding now, her voice very serious. However it’s that sort of seriousness that scared children have. When they’re not very sure that they have a right to stand up against something that makes them unhappy but they’re trying. “I-saw-mean-not-peoples! Tricked-me-into-cage.”

Tears well up in her eyes again, all her mock courage melting away. “Please. I-don’t-like-cages! Peoples-say-help!”

When the other peoples comes back with the keys she perks up again, stretching her little claw through one of the tines in the cage and looking at the pair beseechingly. At least she doesn’t look like she’s actually been injured, but it’s hard to be certain when she is stuck in a cage like she is. Her wings flair up in response to her excitement. “Help!”

Back to top Go down
Apotheosis

Apotheosis

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2023 3:54 pm

Apotheosis gives a little nod to Wolf as he goes to find keys that might fit the cage. She looks over to the little golden dragon and has a look of panic in her eyes when the little dragon is being... not quiet. "We're helping, please be quiet, we don't want to--"

Her eyes catch the shine and glint of the keys when Wolf waggles them at her. And then she blinks when he pushes the keys into her hands. "Yaga?! As in THAT Yaga?" she murmurs. She knows of the woman vaguely from references to her in her literature courses, but of course, she'd decided not to take Russian Literature 305--a thing she's kicking herself for now. She'd be able to connect with Zalgiman on a deeper level if she did--

Right! Keys! Unlocking! "Hold on, please, I'm trying to help." She tries one key, pushing it into the lock and finding very quickly it's not the right one. Second key! Second key will do it, right?! She goes to push it in, hoping that this one's the right one.
Back to top Go down
Wolf

Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 1:47 pm

Wolf licks his lips, a little feeling of dread clamoring up his spine. Everyone knows that name, and Savior is well known for their authentic nature. Which means that very likely the woman who’s home they’ve entered into is that of the infamous woman who does not take kindly to interlopers. Wolf doubted sincerely that they were anywhere near capable of handling her if it came to a fight.

If it comes to a fight we would be better off running. Only… It would be terrible to leave the little dragon behind. He just wished he knew what she was doing here. She didn’t fit any version of the fairy tales at all.

Suddenly the door that they’d come through - though it hadn’t been a door at the time - opens, and an old woman comes into the room. She has the bearing of a kindly grandmother, but one who’s face is twisted - currently - in fury. Her hair is long and white, done up in a bun at the back of her head, and though she is no more than five feet tall she has an imposing presence.

“Who dares come into my home and steal from my pantry?!?” Her voice is well suited for her appearance, and Wolf finds himself inwardly cringing that they were ‘stealing’ from her.

Babushka!” Wolf steps forward in a calming manner, lifting his hands to show that he hasn’t taken anything from her. “Come, don’t be angry, we’ve come for a visit. Won’t you invite us to your table and share a meal?” His mind is thinking furiously, trying to remember the stories so that he can avoid the pitfalls of angering the woman before them. Starting off on the wrong foot is not the best thing.

“Oh?” The woman’s appearance shifts as she eyes Apotheosis for a moment and then the anger washes away leaving just a kindly-looking old woman in her wake. She rubs her hands and waves toward the table laid out in front of the stove. “Come, sit before the fire with me and I will feed you.”
Back to top Go down
Tanithariairisixchel

Tanithariairisixchel

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 2:02 pm

The little dragon looks entirely put out when she is told to be quiet. She gives the peoples in front of her a sad, sad look that says clearly; ‘why would you say such things to me’? Not that she says it, she can be quiet. Surely. Maybe. For a little while.

As the notification comes across, she lets out a low whimper, and tries to make herself as small as she possibly can in the cage. It’s an impressive effort, but one greatly hampered by her wings. She curls her tail over her nose and shudders unhappily stuffed as far as she can be in the back of the cage she’s stuck in.

Helpfully the peoples start putting keys into the cage lock, but none of them are the right ones! She panics a little, looking up as the old not-peoples enters the room. Thankfully the other peoples distracts the little old not-peoples and there’s a chance!

Suddenly the little dragon fades from view, becoming quite invisible inside the cage. Though there’s a sound echoing quietly out of the cage now. A hum? The sound of the little dragon humming softly to comfort herself as she waits impatiently for the cage to open.

Back to top Go down
Apotheosis

Apotheosis

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 9:58 pm

Babushka!? Apotheosis's brows furrow with Wolf's calming address of Yaga herself and the frustration that the second key simply isn't working. The third key has to do it--

She blinks as the words that Wolf finally register. Share a meal? With Yaga? How is Wolf even thinking so quickly on his feet? He's charming like that; the old woman must love him already. In truth, Apotheosis couldn't hate Yaga for doing so. After all, it'd taken less than the course of one date with Wolf for her to fall in love with him. Who wouldn't fall in love with someone who offered such kindness--

Look alive! Yaga's going to wonder what you're messing with! Apotheosis abandons her keying efforts and smiles politely at the intimidating older woman. She hopes the little dragon will stay hidden long enough for them to... Think of something! "We'll happily come sit with you, babushka!" Apotheosis exclaims, pasting a bright and wide smile onto her face.

Internally, she hopes that she didn't make Wolf cringe with her pronunciation of the word. She really tried her best to emulate how he'd said it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]   Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grimm Tail [Apotheosis & Wolf]
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next